Educational Benefits for 退伍军人, Active Duty Military Personnel and 家庭
The 金融援助 and Veteran 服务 Office is located in the Luther Student Center – Room 203. We provide assistance for enlisted personnel, 退伍军人, and their families who wish to use their benefits at m88体育官方网站. We will help you file the appropriate forms to process your educational benefit claims with the United 状态s Department of 退伍军人 Affairs (VA), Illinois Department of 退伍军人’ Affairs (IDVA), Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC), and the Department of Education (DOE). We are also available to answer questions about 退伍军人’ benefits and 金融援助, and direct you to other college support services. Service members are encouraged to speak with their Educational 服务 Officer (ESO) or counselor within their Military Service prior to enrolling at m88体育官方网站.
Programs include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Illinois 退伍军人 Grant (IVG)
- Illinois National Guard Grant (ING)
- Illinois MIA/POW Scholarship
- 蒙哥马利G.I. 比尔® (30)章
- Veteran Readiness and Employment (Chapter 31)
- Post 9/11 蒙哥马利G.I. 比尔® (33)章
- Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance (Chapter 35)
- Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1606)
- Military 学费 Assistance (TA)
Military 学费 Assistance (TA)
All four service branches and the U.S. 海岸警卫队 offer financial assistance for voluntary, off-duty education programs in support of service members’ personal and professional goals.
Your service branch pays your tuition directly to the school. Service members need to first check with an education counselor for the specifics involving TA by visiting their local installation education office or by going online to a virtual education center.
To be eligible for TA, an enlisted service member must have enough time remaining in service to complete the course for which he or she has applied. After the completion of a course, an officer using TA must fulfill a service obligation that runs parallel with – not in addition to – any existing service obligation.
Keep in mind that TA will not fund your college courses and you will have to reimburse any funds already paid if any of the following situations occur:
- Leaving the service before the course ends
- Quitting the course for reasons other than personal illness, military transfer or mission requirements
TA Application Process
Each military branch has its own TA application from and procedures. To find out how to get started visit your local installation education center, go online to a virtual education center or click on the following links for each service branch:
- Prior to enrollment, 退伍军人 and military personnel seeking to utilize these educational benefits should contact Danielle Downs, 金融援助 & Veteran 服务 Advisor, at or email@example.com. Walk-in and scheduled appointments are available.